Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Miracles,A little faith and a lot of luck :)

Today was a very melancholic moment ,  Finally after 2years of housemanship , 6months as an mo in anes i'm finally going to paeds.Call me lame but i cannot control how excited i am,haha that's why i'm awake at this very moment and full of energy( it could be because my sleep pattern has been altered from of the ICU calls as well:))



After months of uncertainties,doing lots and lots of calls in anes,learning as fast as possible,people telling me eh now that your in anes sure you won't want to do paeds one/sure get stuck here.Thank god i stuck to my principal and my passion.I mean i really enjoyed the experience and working in anes,i shall be forever grateful for it,but it's not my passion.I've wanted to do paediatrics since in med school.I mean why would i change what i want to do just because situation calls for us to do something else first.It all goes to show if you want something really badly,really stick to the thought,focus on it and just be patient,regardless the months or the years,it will happen.People just generally give up so easily i realise,not just in work in other life aspects as well,it's so sad .

I agree that most of the time it's difficult for us to get what we want and sometimes we compromise,but just make sure we're happy with our choices and don't be jelous when other's get what we don't .That would still make us a bitter person.



It's only a stepping stone,but i'm so glad it happened,i'm still trying to find ways to stay happy and make a difference in life,in small ways of course.Which ever department i've been too,the joy of seeing people get cured or go home happy is terribly rewarding,and yes i admit i'm an adrenaline junkie :P.People ask me why paeds and not adults,well it's because they get well so much faster and they're an absolute challenge to work with:)

I keep reminding myself here along the way incase i forget,the reason i became a doctor was to help and teach others,trying to do least harm as possible,along the way learning as well,may I never forget that even when the going gets tough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment